Discover methods to grow hair longer and thicker naturally. Get expert tips and advice for achieving healthy and beautiful hair.
Wait, you had been wondering if you could grow hair longer and thicker naturally at home? Stop thinking further and start reading this post. Making your hair long and healthy is possible, and doing this at home is a no-brainer!
But how do you do it? Well, Healthishlife is going to make it easier for you so that you can start living your dream of fuller, thicker, and longer hair by sitting at home without any further ado!
Table of Contents
Healthy Eating to Grow Hair Longer and Thicker
First, you need to know that a healthy diet is important if you are aiming for thick and long hair naturally. Poor eating habits can cause serious damage to your hair and make them weak. Once they get weak, you face hair problems like thin hair, hair fall, and whatnot! So below, we are going to discuss which foods help to grow hair longer and thicker naturally:
- As we all know, the building block of hair is proteins. It means you need a protein-rich diet that will strengthen your hair and stop them from falling. For this, try adding chicken, eggs, and legumes to your diet from now on.
- According to National Institute of Health, if you are suffering from iron deficiency, it will also cause your hair damage and will weaken them. Therefore, don’t forget to eat leafy green vegetables rich in iron to overcome this gap.
- Eat citrus fruit that contains Vitamin C, and these can be lemon, oranges, and grapefruit. It is because these contain antioxidants that catalyze the manufacturing of collagen in your body which is the sole component of hair.
- Also, use OMEGA-3 Fatty acids for nourishing your scalp and hair with healthy oils that target the damage from the inside and fortify the hair follicles at the same time. Avocado, fish, pumpkin, and nuts like walnuts have OMEGA-3 in them.
Read Now: 26 Best Foods For Dehydration Recovery
Natural Hair Care Tips for Oily Hair
People with oily hair need to treat their hair in a special way to avoid damage and complications.
- In this case, you need a shampoo containing cornstarch to remove excess oil from your hair gently.
- Apply the shampoo, wait for some time, and brush your hair without rinsing them.
- Such shampoos have drying agents and straighten your hair as well.
- Ingredients like almond oil, cornstarch, and gelatin make a great drying shampoo for your oily hair.
- Fuller earth, aka multani mitti, is also an organic way to give your hair a certain shine and volume on the whole, and yes, it treats the oily hair problem as well.
- Tea tree oil is also a good hair-drying agent and works wonders for oily hair.
Natural Hair Care Tips for Dry Hair
If you have dry hair, then use a mixture of honey, eggs, yogurt, and olive oil, which will remove dandruff from your scalp and will nourish your dry hair.
- Also, if you skip the eggs and yogurt, then the rest of the mixture will moisturize your hair deeply.
- If your hair feels itchy besides being dry, then use olive oil and lemon juice to smooth your hair and treat the itchiness.
Use Of Natural Oils to Grow Hair Longer and Thicker
You cannot ignore the importance of oil in adding strength, silkiness, and shine to your hair. You can find a wide range of natural oils to pamper your hair, but not all of them can work for you. Therefore, we have picked some of those natural oils for your hair to discuss below:
Amla Oil for Healthy Hair
Amla is famous for being adequate in Vitamin C, which is why it is better for hair conditioning and treating hair problems on the whole. You can easily prepare Amla oil at home, and it will work wonders for you. It means you don’t have to invest in expensive Amla oils from the market.
Instructions for Preparation
- Add amla powder to water and boil it for some minutes until it reduces to half.
- Now filter the mixture and let it cool.
- Mix up amla powder and coconut oil in a separate bowl.
- Now add the previous amla mixture to it and re-boil all the ingredients.
- Strain the mixture for the last time and store it in a jar or a container.
Curry leaves & coconut oil
Now, this mixture is effective in reviving the gray hair and trapping the melanin in them, which will render the gray hair its natural color once again. Also, both these agents are rich in Vitamin B, which offers different benefits to your hair.
Instructions for Preparation
- Heat up a pan and cook the coconut oil and curry leaves until they become black.
- Now remove them from heat and let the mixture cool down.
- Use it on your scalp, wait for an hour, and rinse it completely.
- You can use the mixture twice per week for positive results.
Mustard oil and Castor oil
According to National Institute of Health, castor oil is rich in OMEGA-6 fatty acids and ricinoleic acid, which speeds up hair growth. These agents are also useful for the protection, nourishment, and strengthening of your hair. It is because mustard oil has a decent amount of proteins that benefit the hair and its structure as well. At the same time, mustard oil has different elements like selenium, magnesium, zinc, and iron, which are equally important for hair growth and texture.
Instructions for Preparation
- Combine castor oil and mustard oil in a pan and slightly heat them for some minutes.
- Make sure not to overheat the oils.
- Start applying them as they are warm on your scalp.
- Now wait for an hour before rinsing.
- Cleanse properly with your routine shampoo.
Tulsi or Coconut oil or Fenugreek seeds
Tulsi is a great ingredient to boost blood stimulation around your scalp. It has also been proven to efficiently remove dandruff and protect the scalp on all counts.
Instructions for Preparation
- Crush the tulsi leaves and make a paste out of them.
- Now heat this paste with coconut oil carefully.
- Keep heating the mixture for some minutes and remove it from the heat.
- Don’t forget to strain the mixture.
- Use it on your scalp right after straining it.
- Wait for an hour and then rinse it properly.
Only Have Natural Products
You must rely on organic and natural remedies when it comes to your hair so that you can ensure the minimum damage possible. Below we are going to see what essential organic remedies can help you with this:
- Biotin: It boosts the production of keratin in the body, which ultimately revives the nails and hair. It revives the developing hair follicles and nourishes the hair as well.
- Rosemary & Lavender: These both are good for scalp and hair cleansing and also remove dandruff and flakes on the scalp and treat itchiness at the same time.
- Virgin Coconut Oil: It has anti-bacterial characteristics and saves your hair from housing lice and other harmful bacteria. It smoothly cleanses the hair too. It makes your hair softer and also keeps its biological structure intact.
- Aloe Vera: It traps the moisture in your hair and nourishes them. Aloe vera is good when you are dealing with an inflamed scalp and irritation around it.
- Peppermint: It is good to fortify the hair follicles and increase the blood flow as well. Peppermint also protects the hair from problems and external damage.
6 Natural Home Remedies to Grow Hair Longer and Thicker
Onion Juice for hair growth
Onions are not only useful in cooking, but their juice helps in the rejuvenation of damaged and weak hair as well. It is an affordable, quick, and easy remedy when you are dealing with damaged hair. Onion juice is abundant in sulfur which is important for increasing the collagen in the scalp tissues and in hair. It ultimately catalyzes hair growth later.
How to use Onion Juice to grow hair longer and thicker?
- Cut a medium-sized onion into slices.
- You can either mash the onions by crushing them or squeeze them to take out the juice.
- Now use this juice on your scalp.
- Wait for 15 minutes before washing.
- Then use your regular shampoo for proper rinsing.
Coconut Milk for hair growth
Coconut milk comes packed with iron and potassium, along with other highly useful nutrients. These are important for the well-being of your hair on the whole. It has some good fats as well, which is why it protects, nourishes, and grows your hair. It also adds shine to them, making them look fuller. Plus, coconut oil is useful for dry and rugged hair. You can use raw coconut milk and add some lavender oil and lemon juice with it to enhance its action on your hair.
Apple Cider Vinegar
It is good for scalp-related problems. It is crucial for sustaining the pH balance and also speeds up the hair growth process. You need a diluted mixture of apple cider vinegar and water. Apply it on the scalp. Now wait for a few minutes. Wash it properly. Let no residue be remaining on your scalp, which can cause damage instead of any good. Apple cider vinegar is also essential for developing shine in your hair and making them look beautiful all day long.
If you haven’t tried egg masks for your hair, then it’s high time you do. Eggs are rich in proteins and collagen, which is the building block of hair. Eggs make your hair finer and protect them from damage as well. So, the egg mask we are talking about is going to treat your hair naturally.
You can prepare this mask by using egg white, lavender oil, and olive oil, along with honey. Now mix all the ingredients completely and start using the mask on your scalp. After this, let it settle for 20 minutes. Wash your hair with shampoo & use cool water.
Fenugreek is a common herb, and people use it in different cuisines a swell. It consists of nicotinic acid and many proteins that help in hair growth. So if someone is facing hair problems like extreme and damaged hair fall, fenugreek can be their lifesaver. Combine it with water and make a paste out of it. Now use some coconut milk and use it on the scalp. Leave it there for an hour and wait. Now use your regular shampoo to wash the mixture. Fenugreek also keeps the natural color of your intact and protected.
Green tea in any form (juice, powder) can help you with hair problems like hair fall. It is rich in antioxidants and also recovers damaged hair impressively. You can use green tea on your scalp and let it be there for a few minutes. Use cool water for rinsing so you will have shinier and softer hair right after.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can you grow hair longer and thicker?
- Properly clean your scalp
- Oil and hydrate the hair
- Use an organic hair growth serum
- Use hair products including peptide, collagen, and rosemary
- Massage your scalp with essential oils
Why is my hair not growing?
There can be different reasons that your hair is not growing properly. Let’s see them below:
- Old age
- Sleep deprivation
- Poor diet
- Poor hair maintenance
- Extreme styling of hair
How many times should I wash my hair?
Oily hair: If you have oily hair, then make sure to wash them twice or thrice per week.
Normal hair: Washing your hair twice or thrice per week will work if you have normal hair.
Dry hair: For dry hair, rinse your hair twice per week only. You should also use hair conditioners and essential oils an hour prior to hopping into the shower.
Which food is healthy for growing hair longer and thicker?
A healthy diet is essential for hair growth and maintenance. Therefore, below are some healthy foods and nutrients that will help in this regard:
- Fresh green leafy vegetables
- Fresh fruit
Which oil is best to grow hair longer and thicker?
Oils come in handy when you have dry hair. However, oils are essential to maintain all types of hair. You can use coconut oil for your hair since it will fortify your hair roots and nourish them up to the tip. It also removes dandruff, softens your hair, and adds shine to them. Other than coconut oil, go for jojoba oil, argon oil, castor oil, and olive oil.
Wrap Up on Grow Hair Longer and Thicker Naturally!
When you want to maintain your hair in an affordable and natural way, organic remedies help a lot. You can try out a bunch of organic remedies as per your hair type.
You also have to know that not all remedies will work on hair because their type is the barrier. Therefore, we have compiled its guide to let you know what organic remedies show great results on the hair.
You can easily prepare them at home, with available ingredients in your kitchen. For generalizing, protect your hair from the Sun, brush them gently, oil them regularly, and use paraben-free shampoos. We hope this will help you get long and thicker hair at home!